You have probably noticed that over the past years, fishtail braids hairstyles have become a staple not only when people are on the beach but also when artists attend some events. Even some models have sported various types of fishtail braids when they are in the runway. This has inspired a lot of people, probably including you to wear the right fishtail braids. How do you think will you be able to do the type of braid that you want?
Being skilled in doing the fishtail braid is needed in order to continue on with the different fishtail braid styles that you are going to try. If you do not know how, remember that although it may seem hard in the beginning, it is not too hard anymore as long as you would watch tutorial videos and practice doing it on yourself. After some time, you would have the fishtail braid you have always wanted.
Some of the fishtail braid styles that you will see below are easy to do and some may not be too easy but as long as you are determined to try out that look then do not b discouraged. See some that are not only perfect for prom but also to the other events that you have to attend. Make this great change so that your hairstyle will go beyond the usual ponytail.
10 Unique Fishtail Braid for Prom Hairstyles
- Half Up, Half Down Fishtail Braid for Prom
If you would like to look enchanting without having to make a lot of effort into your fishtail braids, you know that this is the perfect style for you to try. It is easy to do and can fit any type of occasion.
- You simply need to make fishtail braids with some small sections on each side of your head.
- Make sure that the ends will meet in the middle.
- You can then choose if you would like your hair to be curly or straight but either way, this can emphasize the fishtail braids you have placed.
- Fishtail Ponyail Braid for Prom
If you would like to go beyond the usual ponytail but you still want to integrate it into the type of hairstyle that you have on your hair then you may choose to have the fishtail ponytail. You can expect that this will emphasize how thick your hair looks and will make it look perfect for different occasions especially your prom.
- Braid your hair in a fishtail braid style.
- Pull your hair from all sides of the hair to make it look more relaxed rather than tight all over.
- Make sure to secure the braid with the proper ponytail or elastic.
- Secure some sections of your hair with bobby pins.
- Fishtail Braid Around Low Bun
Do you want something that is interesting and can take you from your prom straight to the party? You know that you will be able to do this easily as long as you know how to do both the low bun and the fishtail braid.
- Before creating your low bun, decide on the strands of the hair that you will be making into a fishtail braid.
- After you have made the decision, put your hair up in a low bun.
- Braid your hair.
- Wrap the braid around the bun and secure with pins.
- Double Fishtail Braid for Prom
The thing about this hairstyle is that you may not immediately see where the other fishtail braid is since this will require you to have a tight fishtail braid situated on one side of your head. The surprise here is that before the start of your fishtail braid, there is also a small sized fishtail braid that will be placed on the side of your head.
- You would have to do the small fishtail braid first.
- After you have done it, do the big fishtail braid until it reaches the ends of your hair.
- Secure the braids with elastics or pontails.
- Halo Crown Fishtail Braid Braid for Prom
Just imagine if you would have the right gown for the prom but you were unable to choose the proper hairstyle? This can be hard for you mainly because it will make your whole outfit look drab. With the various fishtail braid styles available, you can complete your overall look. If you need to put your hair up, this halo crown fishtail braid will be perfect.
- Depending on your hair part, you would pick up a section of your hair from the side that is thicker.
- Do the usual fishtail braid.
- Make sure that you will be getting some hair strands on the back portion of your hair until you are able to create a dutch fishtail style braid.
- Finish in a regular fishtail if all portions of the hair are already included in the braid.
- Secure the hair with pins.
- Relaxed Fishtail Braid for Prom
The hair that you are going to wear to the prom does not necessarily have to look too stuffy and hard. What you can do instead is to choose something that looks relaxing. This relaxed fishtail braid can be perfect for gown styles that will make you look like a garden nymph instead of a princess that is stuck in the castle for a long period of time.
- Instead of starting your braid from where you usually place your ponytail, you may start a bit lower than that.
- Do the usual fishtail braid that is situated on one side of your head.
- It is best if you would choose the side with thicker hair for greater results.
- Secure the ends with the elastic.
- Since this is a relaxed style, you do not need to have hair products to keep it intact.
- Fishtail Braid All Over Updo
If you still want a fishtail braid that will seem like your whole head has a fishtail braid then this is the perfect style to try. Do remember that this will only look great on those with naturally thick hair as thick hair is needed to achieve the effect that you are going for.
- Make a fishtail braid from one side of your head up to the very last strands.
- Once you have reached the ends of your hair, you will then start wrapping the fish tail braid that you have created similar to a head gear all over your head.
- This may be a bit tedious to do as you have to wrap your hair in a slow manner to ensure that everything will be fixed thoroughly.
- Secure the different sections with pins so that they will not fall off.
- You may need to use hair products to let the hair stay for as long as you need it for your prom night.
- French Fishtail Braid for Prom
Do you want to have something that looks different and unique? You will not have any trouble with doing this as long as you know how to do french twist ponytail. Incorporate it into your knowledge of doing the french braid and you will surely have a nice looking hairstyle that will make other people at your prom give you compliments for your unique hairstyle.
- Start twisting hair for the french twist.
- When a certain portion of the hair has been twisted, the top portion may have to be loosened a bit.
- Do the usual french braid style.
- The ends of the hair would also have to be placed on a french twist to complete the overall look.
- Tight Fishtail Pony
If you want something that is simple but looks complicated to make then you can have this hairstyle easily. Just imagine sporting it together with your amazing gown. It will make you look cool. It is girly enough but not too much that it will make you look sweet. If this is the effect that you are going for then you should choose this hairstyle for your hair.
- Secure your hair into a low ponytail.
- Start doing the fishtail braid.
- Make sure that you are doing the fishtail braid tighter than usual so that each portion of the hair will be emphasized.
- Secure the ends and you are already good to go.
- Messy Fishtail with Bangs
If you would like to have a hairstyle at your prom that will not make you look intimidating but will make you look amazing at the same time, you can expect that this is the right fishtail braid for you to try. Not only will it look amazing on you, this is also a type of hairstyle that you can wear again when you are just going out with your friends.
- Make sure to separate your bangs from the fishtail braid.
- Continue with the fishtail braid you are going to place on the side of your hair.
- Secure the ends with elastics.
- You may add some appliques to your hair if you would want to but keep your bangs perfect to make the whole look different from the usual fishtail.
With all of the fishtail braid hairstyles that are mentioned above, which one are you going to choose for your prom night? Remember that these different styles may look perfect with certain cuts of dresses and gowns. Choose wisely to have the style that you would like to achieve for your prom night.